By Rick Doblin Ph.D.
That includes essays and interviews with Timothy Leary, Aldous Huxley, Ram Dass, Albert Hofmann, Alexander (Sasha) Shulgin, Daniel Pinchbeck, Tim Robbins, Arne Naess, and digital musician Simon Posford, in addition to groundbreaking study and private money owed, this distinctive anthology is a "best of" choice of articles and essays released by means of the Multidisciplinary organization for Psychedelic stories (MAPS). themes contain the therapeutic use of marijuana and psychedelics--including MDMA, ibogaine, LSD, and ayahuasca--for PTSD, anxiousness, melancholy, and drug habit, in addition to optimistic results of those ingredients within the realm of the humanities, relatives, spirituality, ecology, and technology.
between many different thought-provoking and mind-opening items are the following:
• "On Leary and medicine on the End," by way of Carol Rosen and Vicki Marshall
• "Psychedelic Rites of Passage," by means of Ram Dass
• "To Be learn on the Funeral," by means of Albert Hofmann
• "Another eco-friendly international: Psychedelics and Ecology," by way of Daniel Pinchbeck
• "Psychedelics and Species Connectedness," by way of Stanley Krippner, PhD
• "Huxley on medications and Creativity," via Aldous Huxley
• "Psychedelics and the Deep Ecology stream: a talk with Arne Naess," by means of Mark A. Schroll, PhD, and David Rothenberg
• "Psychedelic Sensibility," by way of Tom Robbins
• "Electronic song and Psychedelics: An Interview with Simon Posford of Shpongle," by way of David Jay Brown
• "How Psychedelics trained My intercourse lifestyles and intercourse Work," via Annie Sprinkle
• "Consideration of Ayahuasca for the therapy of Posttraumatic tension Disorder," by means of Jessica Nielson, PhD, and Julie Megler, MSN, NP-BC
• "Psychedelics and severe Sports," by means of James Oroc
• "Youth and Entheogens: a contemporary ceremony of Passage?," by way of Andrei Foldes with Amba, Eric Johnson, et al.
• "Diary of an MDMA Subject," by means of Anonymous
• "Dimethyltryptamine: attainable Endogenous Ligand of the Sigma-1 Receptor?," by means of Adam L. Halberstadt
• "Lessons from Psychedelic Therapy," through Richard Yensen, PhD
• "Psychosomatic medication, Psychoneuroimmunology, and Psychedelics," by means of Ana Maqueda
• "Talking with Ann and Sasha Shulgin concerning the lifestyles of God and the Pleasures of intercourse and Drugs," by means of Jon Hanna and Silvia Thyssen
Read Online or Download Manifesting Minds: A Review of Psychedelics in Science, Medicine, Sex, and Spirituality PDF
Similar new age & spirituality books
The 15th to eighteenth centuries was once a interval of witchcraft prosecutions all through Europe and sleek students have now committed a major volume of analysis to those episodes. This quantity will try and carry this interact via summarising the background of the pains in a brand new method - based on the kinds of criminal platforms concerned.
That includes essays and interviews with Timothy Leary, Aldous Huxley, Ram Dass, Albert Hofmann, Alexander (Sasha) Shulgin, Daniel Pinchbeck, Tim Robbins, Arne Naess, and digital musician Simon Posford, in addition to groundbreaking examine and private bills, this one of a kind anthology is a "best of" choice of articles and essays released by way of the Multidisciplinary organization for Psychedelic reviews (MAPS).
Some of the battles of the civil rights flow were fought and gained, however the international remains to be faraway from colorblind. combined marriages are expanding yet nonetheless stay principally taboo. even if interracial relationships are usually mentioned, the focal point is sort of completely at the detrimental components. these opposed to blending checklist the unfavorable effects as warnings.
Extra resources for Manifesting Minds: A Review of Psychedelics in Science, Medicine, Sex, and Spirituality
The most important of these is that the Na’vi’s nearly telepathic understanding of their environment is grounded in more than ritual, plant lore, and that earnest sobriety that afflicts Hollywood Indians everywhere. Their enviable at-oneness with things is also grounded in an actual organic communications network. The fibrous, animated, and vaguely repulsive ponytail tentacles not only allow the Na’vi to form direct control links with animals but also, through the optical filaments of the Tree of Souls, to commune with both ancestors and the Eywa, the biological spirit of the planet Pandora.
Then, once I took psychedelics, I really went off that for awhile, and only wanted to hear the alien, otherworldly, futuristic sounds of electronic music, and it’s what inspired me to start making the music that I’m doing now. In a way, it’s foundational to what I’m doing because it pushed me down this path. Also, it changed my appreciation of music in general. I think that listening to music in an altered state of consciousness can either magnify the music or it can really leave you cold. Hopefully, it will enrich the experience, and, hence we have what we call “psychedelic music,” which is designed to do so.
Huxley: I don’t see why they should be different. Some experiments have been made to see what painters can do under the influence of the drug, but most of the examples I have seen are very uninteresting. You could never hope to reproduce to the full extent the quite incredible intensity of color that you get under the influence of the drug. Most of the things I have seen are just rather tiresome bits of expressionism, which correspond hardly at all, I would think, to the actual experience. Maybe an immensely gifted artist—someone like Odilon Redon (who probably saw the world like this all the time anyhow)—maybe such a man could profit by the lysergic acid [diethylamide] experience, could use his visions as models, could reproduce on canvas the external world as it is transfigured by the drug.